To be, or spot to be 2.0

15:39

It's time for a skincare update! 

Mine has thoroughly sucked recently, I have a random spot in the middle of my cheek, even though I've been taking my medication, and it's not my time of the month.. It just appeared, so I'm not massively pleased. But I have discovered some lovely things that made the whole process a little bit easier.... 

For a while now I've been using Ultrabland (not to be confused with Ultrabalm), a balmy facial cleanser by Lush, built for people with problem skin. It gently clears make up from your face, whilst soothing & moisturising all of your problem parts. I use Ultrabland as my normal cleanser, morning and night, as it really is amazing for pulling of any excess makeup before coating yourself in a fresh layer of the miraculous face paint! It reminds me of when I was younger, and I messed up my eyeliner or mascara, my friend Chloe taught me to use Vaseline to clean it tidily - this is quite a similar texture but a little less greasy.




On the pot, it recommends that when your skin is super angry, you should use only Ultrabland for approximately a month, to restore your skins natural balance, and then in theory this would restore your skins ability to combat and handle spots, the way it should! Another thing I love about this cleanser, is that I can use it for eye makeup as well as foundation/concealer. With a lot of cleansers, it takes your foundation off but it you smudge your mascara it will take a lot of scrubbing to get it clean, which isn't good for us at all. But with Ultrabland, mascara comes of just as cleanly as foundation, it feels amazing. 

Ingredients... Oh lovely ingredients. Ultrabland is made from fresh Iris extract, and rose water, for calming and soothing properties. For hydration, a splash of almond oil; and to battle spots, and moisturise your skin, a bit of honey. Due to the use of honey, this product is unfortunately not vegan, which is sad but also without the honey, this moisturiser would not be targeted for problem skin, as it's the antiseptic in the honey that helps get rid of those spots! 

Now, moisturiser. This one is very new to me, but believe me when I say it is revolutionary. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but it is revolutionary for me. Magical Moringa is a facial moisturiser & primer, that initially has quite a hard and (as Lush describe it) 'waxy' texture, that melts in your hands, to create a sensual oil that spreads right across your face. If you're using this for the first time, bare in mind that you do not need a lot. It goes extremely far, due to the melting properties, and don't be put off by the word 'oil' and 'primer' being used together. It is not greasy!


If anything, this primer layers your face in a matte, silky coating, which acts as a perfect base for make up! If you use Argan Oil on your hair (loads of brands have their own variations) you'll know that it provides a repairing property, which is also in this moisturiser to help repair any damaged, cracked, or dry skin you have. I use it night & day, not just as a primer, as it is an amazing product with multiple uses. Magical Moringa is now in my top 10 Lush products, and although I'm always a little put off by the price of moisturisers, this is one of the cheaper ones from Lush, and definitely worth the money. Just a note for the vegans out there, this one is vegan, luckily!

Let me know if you want to know anything about the products, and I'll try my best to help out! 

x


Find the products here...

You Might Also Like

0 comments