Mental Health: Apathy & Blogging

11:37

Happy Saturday everyone! Bit of a downer today, but I'm just trying to explain why I've been absolutely rubbish at this blog for the past few months. I hope I can regain your confidence in me, and hopefully give this blog a go again! The topic of today is, the dreaded...


I have been absent from this blog for a silly amount of time now, and I thought I'd explain why (and maybe get into the swing of writing... maybe). I have depression and anxiety, and have had for a very long time, but for the past few months I've been suffering from a particularly bad 'dose' of it, which is partly why I haven't been able to write. 

All I've really been doing is the odd bit of lettering, which I'm really getting into now. Unfortunately though, I'm not equally as good at photoshop, so that's why the image above is a little shoddy, I did try though! Lettering has provided a very therapeutic outlet for me, and it makes me feel like I'm doing something productive with me day, rather than sitting around scanning the channels. I'd encourage everyone to give it a try!

Like many people, along with my depression comes extreme apathy, and a major lack of interest in things I would normally lap up so in turn my blog got pushed to the very back of my mind. The only thing I've actually managed to maintain is my Instagram haha! But as part of my self help, I'm determined to make more of an effort to regain my loves, and hopefully regain some sort of purpose. 

So, over the next few weeks or months the theme of this blog might change, to more of a therapeutic outlet for myself, so apologies if that's not what you want to hear, but I'm a strong believer in being selfish when you need to be. For now I'm going to be focusing on myself, and nurturing my poorly brain until I'm better again, hopefully not too long now...

Thank you for reading, and I hope you stick around for what's to come! 

X

P.S. I recently opened up a lushie Instagram to stop annoying my normal account followers, so go ahead & check that out, if it's your thing! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments